Welcome to Around the Well! We are a group of younger religious (55ish and younger), serving the Catholic Church in Canada. Through various activities such as retreats and other in-person/virtual gatherings, we seek to foster a “community of communities” where younger members of religious communities can come together to give witness to a life lived in Christ.
On our blog, you will find reflections on ministry, charism, spirituality, and stories about what it is like to be a younger religious in Canada today. Our aim is that this blog will be a voice of hope not only to our members, but also to anyone who may be discerning a vocation to religious life.
We chose the name Around the Well for this site, because it reminds us of our common thirst for Jesus, and our desire to be present to each other.
Thanks for visiting: Hope you enjoy your time “Around the Well!”
2023 Around the Well Retreat
20 Younger Religious from across Canada gathered together at Queen of Apostles Renewal Centre in Mississauga, ON for our annual Around the Well Retreat. This year’s retreat was led by Br. Don Bisson, FMS, a Marist Brother who lives and minsters in the Bronx. Look for some reflections about the retreat on our blog soon!
Recent Blog Posts:
- Covenant: Good News BearersLenten Reflections with Br. Michael Perras, OFM The beautiful story of the promise made to Noah launches us into the first full week of Lent. It is good to be reminded our God has made a promise to us and … Continue reading Covenant: Good News Bearers
- Ambassadors: Marked for LentBy Michael Perras, OFM Br. Michael Perras, OFM is a member of the Franciscan Community. He is currently ministering at Mount St. Francis Retreat Centre in Cochrane, Alberta. We look forward to sharing this series of reflections with you in … Continue reading Ambassadors: Marked for Lent
- A Lifetime of Listening: Reflection on Final Vows by Sarah Rudolph, IBVMWe would like to congratulate ATW member Sarah Rudolph, IBVM, who professed her Final Vows with the Loretto Sisters on December 9, 2023. Below is a reflection that Sarah wrote for the Vocations Canada Newsletter. On December 9, 2023, I … Continue reading A Lifetime of Listening: Reflection on Final Vows by Sarah Rudolph, IBVM
- SETTING OUR HEARTS UPON THE DEEPA teacher friend recently posted a picture of herself on Instagram; she was out for a winter walk in Edmonton, Canada. I felt an unexpected tug at my heart upon seeing her and the familiar, deep snowbanks. Living in the Philippines this … Continue reading SETTING OUR HEARTS UPON THE DEEP
- Speak, Lord, Your Servant is Listening (1 Samuel 3:9)David E. Rosage’s book of the same title was one of the first books that I was given when I became a Pre-Novice with the Sisters of Instruction of the Child Jesus (sej) in Coquitlam, British Columbia, nearly 3 years … Continue reading Speak, Lord, Your Servant is Listening (1 Samuel 3:9)